- How far along? 30 weeks, 2 days
- Symptoms? I have taken frequent peeing to a new level. Like every 30 minutes… no lie. It’s insane. Of course I’ve massively increased my water intake, so I’m sure that has something to do with it. But still, it’s a smidge disruptive. And I continue to become increasingly unwieldy… I lumber instead of walk.
- Baby-related purchases? MIL took us shopping yesterday & knocked 3 more pricy items off our registry — the pack-n-play, infant car seat base, & swing! Woohoo! And while we were out, I wandered through
The Store of FabulousnessHome Goods & found a giant yellow tuffet. It’s yellow & fluffy & completely funny. & it doesn’t match anything else in the nursery, which is sort of a problem — but I’m quite attached already & determined to make it work.
- Maternity clothes? Oh yes.
- Sleep: Like a champ. I’m aching like a 90-yr-old by the end of the day, & lying down just feels really nice.
- Best moment this week: Just being 30 weeks is pretty stinkin’ great.
- Worst moment
this week: This actually happened a few weeks ago, but I have to write about it so I won’t forget. Jennifer, the girlies & I went to dinner at this little Italian place with big wooden tables. After our food came, I slid across the seat to grab the salt & pepper, & felt the distinct feeling of a prick… I freakin’ got a splinter in my freakin’ stomach! Who gets a splinter in their belly? I pulled up my shirt in the bathroom, & sure enough, there was a little sliver of wood protruding from my stomach. I extracted it with my fingernails.. no tweezers necessary. It was one of my more unforgettable impregnated moments.
- Movement: Yep. At 4:45 this morning, she was doing baby gymnastics :)
- Food cravings: I thirst. Constantly. And last night, we went to PF Chang’s & it was seriously the best thing I’ve ever put in my mouth. I mean, it’s always good, but last night, those lettuce wraps were nectar from the gods.
- Gender: GIRL!!
- Belly Button in or out? Belly button? What belly button? It’s completely smooth…
- What I miss: Being able to fit through normal-sized spaces. Last night I was working at my craft table, & I swear I must have bumped into Bobby’s chair 15 times. I look at the space, & I forget that I don’t fit anymore.
- What I am looking forward to: Having the nursery done. I’ve come up with a giant list of things to do, & I just don’t know if it’s all possible… & I know that this perfectionism is about me, not Rose. Yet that rationale doesn’t really make me feel any less frantic.
- Weekly Wisdom: It’s true that dogs really can sense when something’s going on. Oscar has been attached to my hip during the last few months… even as I write this, he’s curled up against my leg sleeping, which is very unlike him. He’s always kinda liked his own space… until now.
- Milestones: I’m in a week that starts with a THREE!! I remember being on the other side & hearing that someone was 30-something weeks & it was just a surreal, far-away, purely theoretical thing that would never happen for me. Somebody pinch me. This is really happening.
- Z4 is the size of: a large cabbage. Yum, cabbage. I could put a hurtin’ on some steamed cabbage right now.