- How far along? 22 weeks, 12 days or 23 weeks, 5 days… yep, I’m a slacker
- Symptoms? Peeing, sweating, left leg tingling, high level of annoyance with everyone & everything… oh wait. That’s normal, isn’t it? Cantankerous ol’ coot, that’s me. Something new this week is introduction of the cankles. I’ve never had, er… “delicate” legs but my ankle bones have completely disappeared. It’s quite attractive. I mentioned it to Bobby & he said “Well, it’s about time for that to start happening according to my weekly babycenter.com email.” Um, ok husband. Thanks for your (& babycenter.com’s) input.
Oh, & I’ve had a few completely random crying jags… sometimes I just feel overwhelmed & upset & I can feel it bubbling up & I try to talk myself out of it, but it comes out anyway. Sometimes it’s caused by someone or something, sometimes it’s because we’re out of artichokes. Yes, I really did have a complete breakdown with tears & snot & the whole works while gazing into my artichoke-less pantry. Bobby was worried about these little fits at first, but seems to be adapting. During the last one, he hugged me & patted my back & said “I don’t know why you’re crying but I do know you’re very sad.” And then I started laughing. Welcome to the Sarah-coaster.
- Baby-related purchases? Um, yes, you could say that. It’s been a little bit out of control, actually… as the gatekeeper to our finances, I historically don’t spend money impulsively. That has changed. It all started with the (almost, but not quite) comically expensive maternity trip, & now it’s the nursery. I… can’t… stop….
One of my favorite purchases so far is the stork canvas from Joni @ laybabylay. I haven’t gotten a frame for it yet… the perfect one hasn’t yet presented itself. (I blurred out our last name on the bag & at the bottom). It’s so stinkin’ cute. And the little girl needlework is from a local antique shop… according to the handwriting on the back, it was “made by Jeannette in 1951.” I’m a sucker for old handwriting on the back of stuff…
- Maternity clothes? Yup.
- Sleep: Oh, I sleep. I don’t know about Bobby though. He continues to wake me up in a pitiful voice, asking me to roll over. Apparently the snore monster is alive & well. Oops.
- Best moment this week: Our 8-year anniversary. Eight years. I remember when other people said that they had been married eight years & it seemed like an impossibly long time. We went to the Melting Pot (num-yum, my favorite) & had dinner. Then the next morning, B left for an overnight trip before I was even awake. I found a note tucked into my purse later that morning that read: “S — There is nothing more in life that I love more than you and Rose. –B” I cried. Of course.
- Worst moment this week: Out at dinner this week with my MIL, I was physically assaulted by a drunk-off-her-ass woman in the bar. She grabbed my arm & pulled me close enough to grope my stomach with both hands. Both hands. And I squirmed away, & she shouted in that way that drunks have “I just love pregnant women. When are you due?” And I managed a polite smile & said “September” & she responded “WHAT?! I figured next month!” Wow. Just… wow. I’m not a tiny girl by any means, but I promise you I don’t look 8 months pregnant.
- Movement: No, STILL nothing. This anterior placenta thing is starting to bother me. I’ve been using my fetal monitor again to reassure myself that she’s still kicking… I’ll be so freakin’ excited when I actually feel something for the first time.
- Food cravings: I like all food. Food is my friend. There’s really nothing in particular that appeals to me these days… but when I do eat, I do it with great gusto. Oh, & sweet tea is particularly good, & I’ve never really loved sweet tea (I know, I’m gonna have my Southern Girl card revoked for even admitting that).
- Gender: GIRL!!
- Belly Button in or out? In.
- What I miss: Not stressing about how many milligrams of caffeine I’ve drank. I’ve somewhat relaxed my “absolutely positively NO caffeine” rule, but it makes me anxious.
- What I am looking forward to: The day after my last day of work. I only have FIVE MORE DAYS… 3 this week & 2 next week. It’s not that I detest my job or anything… I don’t. I think I just know that transition is looming, so I want to knock it out & get beyond it. I’m gonna miss the kids, I am. And the social interaction. And the smidge of money I make. But not the playground… standing on the playground & watching my feet turn into inflatables will most definitely not be missed.
- Weekly Wisdom: If you ever have a hankering to buy a bassinet, do not get this one. The description says “wicker”… & I don’t know about everyone else, but when I think “wicker,” I think the wooden stuff that outdoor furniture is made out of. Not the case. It’s 100% plastic, & cheap, icky plastic at that. Bobby glared at it disdainfully & said “Baby Rose is NOT sleeping in a plastic bed.” And with that, the fate of the plastic bassinet was sealed.
- Milestones: Last Monday, Daddy came over & I supervised while he & Bobby got the baby furniture out of the attic. There’s a fully assembled crib in my house right now. Bobby & I keep going past the bedroom door & stopping… I still can’t believe it. A crib. For a live baby. I kept remembering the day I supervised the furniture going INTO the attic… the day I had a D&C for pregnancy #2. So, so thankful that I’m here instead of there.
- Z4 is the size of: a large mango. You’d think that I’d been able to feel a large mango kicking around in there…