- How far along? 21 weeks, 3 days
- Symptoms? Nothing new to report. Still peeing, left thigh’s still tingling, & it’s getting harder do some things like sitting in the floor with the littles at work. No biggies…
- Baby-related purchases? Oh yes, we have purchases. Nothing huge like last week — just little decor stuff for the room. The nursery is starting to come together in my head, & the diy projects are piling up. Having a diy to-do list pleases me immensely.
- Maternity clothes? Yup.
- Best moment this week: Bobby wrote a blog post about little girl’s name… I cried when I read it.
Saying her name meant it was real. Not the ultrasound, but actually giving her a name and saying out loud meant it was for real. Yes…that this 37 year man who is stuck in his ways is going to have to change it all. It was kind of a scary moment having to articulate a name, because in 4 months this self-employed guy is going to be a Daddy.
Writing this post is a big one for me…being able to share and articulate her name. Saying her name has been an awakening, that she is for real. That she is going to be here soon. She is my responsibility. She will be one of the single most important responsibilities I will ever have in my life. Kind of crazy, kind of humbling, kind of anxious, kind of excited, and kind of relieved that I can say her name… Rose Frances.
- Worst moment this week: I overheard one of my illustrious coworkers talking about me having a girl. To quote her: “I knew it was girl… you can tell from the way Sarah’s filling out from the back.” Really? Filling out? From the BACK? What does that even mean? And why do we need to talk about it? Oh, & one of the other coworkers (who’s very old, which I told myself contributed to this incident… yes, I’m age discriminating) called me “Big’un.” As in the southern version of “Big One.” NOT NICE. Notnotnotnotnot nice. What the hell.
- Movement: Nope. I’m wondering how much longer this anterior placenta thing will continue to play a role.
- Food cravings: I just like food. What can I say, I am a “big’un” after all. We went to a little italian place last night & the caprese salad was the best thing I had ever put in my mouth… mozzarella, tomatoes, fresh basil & vinaigrette… so stinkin’ good.
- Gender: GIRL!!
- Belly Button in or out? In.
- What I miss: People not calling me “Big’un” & talking about how I’m “filling out from the back.” I have spent my entire life trying to minimize my weight in every way possible. Now, it’s open season & although I’m trying not to take it personally & remind myself that it completely doesn’t matter, it hurts my feelings a smidge.
- What I am looking forward to: Starting the nursery transition in a few weeks. Sue’s coming home next weekend & moving some of her stuff out, then we’re moving the baby stuff down from the attic where it’s been residing for going on 3 years, and then we’re moving a ton of girly crap from Jen & Tom’s to here. Translation: our house is going to be a flippin’ disaster for an undetermined period of time.
- Weekly Wisdom: I started writing & realized that this needs its own post. To be continued…
- Milestones: Z4 has a real name, & I truly love it! I thought about following the lead of so many bloggers & not sharing until she’s born, but I just don’t wanna… it’s too hard to edit my thoughts & I don’t really have a good reason not to share. She shall be named Rose Frances… Rose because it’s lovely & classic & simple (& it goes well with our last name, which is not lovely or simple). And Frances after me & both of my grandmothers. In the southern way, she’ll probably have some people call her by both names, but in school & such, she’ll be called Rose.
- Z4 is the size of: a carrot?!? I guess that would be the length measurements? She’s approximately 10.5 inches long. Some of these vegetables are a stretch… just sayin’.