If you are thinking “um, didn’t we miss weeks 4 and 5?”, you would be correct. They were “missed” in every sense of the word. And I have excuses galore, oh yes.
Sigh. This weight-loss “journey” (in quotes because the word “journey” actually indicates that I’m going somewhere) is going about as well as a long-tailed cat in a room fulla rocking chairs. That is, not very well.
- Kickoff on Jan 25th. Realized that I am a whopping 52 lbs over my wedding weight. Owwee, that smarts.
- Week 1 – feeling all motivated & shit. Lost 6.4 lbs.
- Week 2 – Badbadverybad week. Lots of emotional face-stuffing. Gained 1.2 lbs.
- Week 3 – tried to make good decisions without being psycho. Lost 3.0 lbs.
- Week 4 – Week o’ Funk, complete much crying, gnashing of teeth, & bad food decisions. Went to dinner with TheChurch Kids instead of my WW mtg. No weigh-in.
- Week 5 – Trip to Charleston instead of WW mtg. No weigh-in again. Followed up by Bobby’s birthday fiesta & lots of alcohol. Yeehaw.
- Week 6 – Forced myself to attend my WW mtg. Made a long speech about falling off the wagon to the WW lady behind the desk before stepping on the scale. You know she’s gotta love people like me… like she CARES about my excuses, right? I was actually relieved to discover that I’d gained only 1.2 lbs.
So yes, I’m going BACKWARD. But, you know what? I WENT BACK to my meeting. In the past, after two weeks of gluttony, I’ve quit because it’s just so damn embarrassing to step back on that scale. I sat in the car last night outside the meeting and debated driving away. I really, reeeeeally wanted to drive away. But I didn’t. Because I know that I have to make this work this time. Ok, so I’m six weeks in, and I’m averaging a 1.2-lb weight loss per week. It’s not my goal of 2 lbs per week, but it’s better than what I was doing seven weeks ago.
My WW Leader Lady (who I like despite her almost unbearable chirpiness) gave us little stickers for our handy-dandy pocket guide last night. She gave the last one to the lady in front of me, and as I tried to slip by, she called me down & told me to wait until she printed some more out. To quote her, “You really need one of these.”
I laughed. She’s right.
The sticker says:
“Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” –Henry Van Dyke
Oh, Chirpy Leader Lady, I think you may have my number.