I was tagged twice on Facebook for this meme, and figured that I’d post it here as well. It’s kinda entertaining to rack your brain for 16 random facts about yourself that others might find minimally interesting…
- I took piano lessons for 10 years, and actually enjoyed it, but I quit because my younger sister was better than me.
- I love the Backstreet Boys, and know all the words to all their songs. If they ever do a comeback tour, I’m so there.
- I’m completely intimidated by airports, multimedia equipment, gyms, and small children.
- In middle school, I got mad at an ex-best friend at her slumber party, and (along with help from another friend) scrubbed the inside of the toilet bowl with every toothbrush in her family’s bathroom because I didn’t know which one was hers.
- In college, I was embarrassed about my southern accent… I’ve now made peace with it.
- I can’t swim and am terrified of water. Bobby convinced me to go snorkeling on our honeymoon, and I started panicking and hyperventilating and he had to tow me back to the boat. It was ridiculous.
- I grew up without a television, and there are large chunks of 80’s pop culture that just passed me by… I would tell you what they are, but I don’t know because they passed me by.
- Instead of an imaginary friend, I had an entire imaginary family. I had 8 kids — don’t remember all of their names, but there were two sets of twins named Ennifer and Tennifer and Okie and Dokie. I had a husband named Bob who had a mustache and drove a pick-up truck, and we all lived in Tennessee.
- When I was young, I had a strange emotional attachment to the sinking of the Titanic. I had a big coffee table book with tons of pictures of the Titanic wreckage. I would pore through the book and weep for the people who died. I was a creepy little kid.
- I wish I had majored in English.
- Over the course of six years (from 1996 to 2002), I had a grand total of 17 roommates. One of them was my sister’s boyfriend.
- I watch “Love Actually” every Christmas by myself with a box of tissues and sob.
- I still use my fingers to add and subtract… I do it discreetly so nobody will notice.
- Bobby is the complete opposite of the kind of guy I thought I’d marry… I’m glad I was wrong.
- I can see the hospital where I was born from my sofa.
- I think I’ll live in Anderson, SC for the rest of my life, and I’m completely ok with that.