Maggie’s party was a complete success… lots of friends, sunshine, cupcakes, and pink tubs of Capri Sun’s…. I mean, what more could you ask for a first birthday party!?! :)
1) Happy plates and napkins
2) Cute little Ella, one of Maggie’s bestest friends
3) Sunflowers and Maggie’s “time capsule” box. Each guest wrote her a little message, and she’ll read them when she grows up.
4) Daddy Tom holds his Mag in her picture-perfect birthday dress
Then for dinner, everyone was invited to head over to our house for a cook-out. We were bursting at the seams… we counted 20-something people for dinner. It was such a nice feeling to have the whole family together at our house – made me feel like our home had been “christened.” This was the first time that Mama’s family had made the trip to SC since the funeral…. it meant an incredible amount to Jen, Sue, and me that they came for Maggie’s birthday.
1) Chatting in the living room… grandparents, Amy (one of Mama’s best friends), cousins Jessica & Emily, & little Riley
2) Aunt Jeanie & Jennifer in the kitchen
3) Daddy & Mike (Amy’s husband) laughing together… wow, it’s been a while
1) Romper Room with Aunt Gin in the living room floor… Maggie, Riley, & Coby. What fun! :)
2) Riley tries to make his getaway with Aunt Gin’s purse
3) Maggie has story time with her Great-Grandpa
4) Riley & his mommy, Jessica
1) Hanging out on the front porch – Tom, Maggie, Amy (Tom’s sister), Tom’s BIL Justin, & their little girl, Anna. They live in Charlotte, and drove down for the party :)
2) Anna cheeses for the camera… She’s exactly 1 year older than Maggie, and they look so much alike!
3) Daddy, Aunt Gin (his sister) & Mag relax on the front porch swing. Aunt Gin flew in from Monterey, CA to celebrate with us… so happy to see her!
1) After dinner last night, we had a birthday celebration for ALL our September birthdays… Emily, Amy, Aunt Gin, Grandpa, and Maggie. Silly hats for everyone!
2) And this morning, Grandma fixed one of her famous breakfasts at Jennifer’s house – bacon, eggs, biscuits with homemade jelly, & gravy. We managed to get all 11 of us around Jennifer’s table.
3) And finally…. after everyone left, Sue, Jen, and I headed to the nursery to assemble all Maggie’s treasures. She’s one loved little girl, no doubt about it :)